Hey guys! It’s ya girl, Steph. Today I want to discuss a few do’s and dont’s on social media since I know it can be tough to figure this space out. This is going to be a simple to read post. Feel free to add some of your own in the comment section. Here we go, let’s talk about what we don’t want to do first:
- Don’t try to copy someone else whose been successful on social media to this point. These platforms are changing and being optimized constantly so what works for one person may not work for YOU. Be careful who you try to emulate & just BE YOURSELF✨
- Don’t think companies are going to continue to value the LIKES of your content. They want real, focused engagement with REAL conversation happening. Often times we forget that many people are simply buying their comments & likes which doesn’t lead to actual results or success.
- Don’t think you as an influencer are better than anyone else. You’re not the shit if you have a ton of followers.
- Don’t think just sharing photos and videos of what you are or what you have is the key 🔑 to success. You can’t monetize on this alone. Teach people something. BRING VALUE. What makes you relatable?
- Don’t try to please everyone!! You are not going to be able to convince people who don’t like you to LOVE 💕 you. Focus on the % of people who love what you’re about.
- Don’t over saturate yourself with ads & campaigns — people will tune you out. Organic marketing & being authentic is again, KEY!
- Do understand that REAL influence is targeted influence.
- Do more storytelling!!
- Do be authentic always!! You know I always promote being REAL and showing up as you are, I can’t stress it enough. 🤜🏼🤛🏼
- Do think of Instagram posts as the “polished product” and think of Stories as the “BTS/ reality or day-to-day” content to share.
- Do always imagine your audience asking, “what else you got??” EDUCATE!
- Do explore what works for you by TAKING ACTION and trying out new tools, platforms, or ways in which you can differentiate yourself.
At the end of the day, I promise being yourself will be the greatest path to take. It’s easy to get consumed in what others are doing, achieving, saying or creating, but it’s more important for you to focus on what you can bring to someone. What do you think? 💭 If you’d add anything I’d love to hear from you.