Birthday’s are special, but so is every day. 🙏I have never been one to be a birthday b*tch 😂, but for my 30th I definitely wanted to spend time somewhere that brought me joy. I was in between Maine, Nashville & Denver. Well, if you truly know me, I love Colorado!! The air is so fresh and you automatically feel 10X healthier first step onto the grounds being surrounded by nothing but nature vibes. It’s my happy place, for sure.
So, my husband completely surprised me with a trip to Cherry Creek. We stayed at the brand new beautiful Jacquard Hotel which is an Autograph Collection® hotel located in the heart of Denver’s iconic Cherry Creek District. We couldn’t have selected a better hotel for our long weekend trip. Everything was very elegant, clean & impeccable service. I was actually obsessed with the cute coffee bar in your room with vintage glasses and Nespresso every morning, perfection. Plus, steps outside of the hotel were beautiful boutiques, galleries, and restaurants so you don’t even necessarily need to go anywhere. Downtown Denver is only minutes away—and the Rocky Mountains just beyond the city. YAAASS! Are you planning your trip as you read this?? Oh, and did I mention the rooftop pool … now you’re sold! After our long hikes and zip lining we loved having the pool & hot tub to relax before dinner. Seriously, could this have been set up any more perfectly, I think not.
We did rent a Jeep, because why not?! We’re in Colorado and a Jeep just makes you feel like you’re doing it all right. Am I right?? We only rented a car because we had planned to explore other areas of Colorado.
With all that being said here are my top recommendations we loved from this travel experience & you may love it, too:
- Try zip lining! I highly recommend this place & the people make it 10X more fun. Check out Denver Adventures.
- Stay at the Jacquard Hotel because it’s fantastic & I wouldn’t steer you wrong because I love simple, but also luxury things. THIS IS IT!
- Eat at: Hillstone Denver (crab cake salad is omg delicious) , Little Man Ice cream is a must (Salted Oreo is bomb.com) , True Food Kitchen (super healthy & great!) , Machete for authentic tacos, Beast & Bottle for the amazing gnocchi, Sweet Bloom for a cappuccino & Culture Meat and Cheese for an amazing sandwich. 10/10 (See all this @sociallysteph, Instagram Stories highlight)
- Red Rocks Ampitheater for a concert, Josh Groban was beyond amazing. Read more here on that.
- Hike! Realization Point in Boulder was my favorite hike. Just don’t get lost.
- Explore RiNo if you’re super into art walls and inspired by creativity! Another “If you know me thing” but I am super obsessed with wall art, something about it just screams LIFE to me! I believe it should be everywhere because it brings such joy and beauty to the world.
That’s my take on Denver! My favorite birthday celebration yet. I am dreaming of when I can go back and loved every minute we spent in this luxurious place. Thanks for reading & let me know in the comments if you’re considering going. 😘 As always, stay connected with me @SOCIALLYSTEPH on all socials. Mostly on the gram!