I’ve been meaning to press publish on this post for over a year, yikes!! This is what happens when you spend time going through your notes during Quarantine. Expect a lot more writing & blog posts coming here soon. #YAAAASSS
Now since we have a little more time to pause. It’s a perfect time to start to do more things you love or have been putting off. For me, that’s sharing stories. So, meet my Grandma G. Growing up she was sure to bring me joy while always cutting my PB&J into tiny squares, playing with me on the beach in Naples every year & always putting so much thought and care into her gifts. She’s a wonderful cook and I can say I am guilty of over consuming all her goodies anytime she makes something. She also is a great listener and someone who has truly wanted to see me do all the things I love. I am so lucky to have someone like her in my life. We can all agree she brings everyone together.
I remember one day I was sitting in a parking lot and had some extra time to spare before a meeting when I dialed my Grandma G. We were on the topic of life happiness and I always love hearing others perspectives. This is some simple advice to apply to your own life right now:
These are my notes I wrote down from our conversation & some of my own thoughts I’ve added in parentheses.
1. Try to be happy as always (because it’s a choice & only you have the power to make yourself truly your happiest. Don’t rely on anyone else for your own happiness)
2. You can’t replace fun times (very true, enjoy every moment & really relish it as much as you can. You only have the present moment in which you are in right now)
3. Smile at people when you’re out walking (😃 this is always a great idea!)
4. Count your blessings (you’d be surprised at how blessed you truly are)
5. Show kindness to everyone (this is key 🔑, kill people with kindness)
6. Treat people the way you want to be treated (nothing more to say here)
7. Set goals and you’ll be happy (goals are what make life great. You may not always achieve the goal in which you wanted too, it might take longer time or maybe the goal changes in itself, but setting the goal is the first step to starting)
8. …. just read the 10 commandments and life will be good
There you have it. 8 Life Lessons From my Grandma G aka Grammy Pants & @GrannyGeorgene Instagram 😂 If you liked this blog please leave something good in the comments. I’d love to hear how you’d add on. What would #9 be?