Is there something deep inside of you that you’re dying to do? Maybe it’s living abroad, picking up a new hobby or climbing Mt. Everest. Personally speaking, I have been wanting to attend Blogher Creators Summit for years. Sometimes we never make time to do the things we love & life gets in the way. Between paying bills, priorities, relationships, work etc. We can always find an excuse. However, if timing is on your side you just have to do it!
So I finally did! YAAASSS!
Deep down I needed to be there. So, I booked it! I didn’t let cost get in my way or the fact I was going out there on my own. I was determined and knew I belonged there. After attending that couldn’t be more true. My experience was unreal, absolutely amazing and everything I imagined + more! I literally felt like I found my tribe and people who get me. What better thing to have in life? I am someone who is all about positive environments and communities and this is it! 💯
The excitement I have for this summit is beyond the stars and I will be honest I cried when I got home; tears of pure joy and sadness that it was over. I am so #grateful that I could be there to meet amazing brands & empowering women who started doing more of what they love and using their social media platforms for good. It’s hard having to leave this. However, I am determined to continue to create this for myself and to offer you and my clients what I’ve taken from this summit because we’re all deserving of it.
The speakers here were beyond amazing. In short, here’s 10 important messages from Blogher 2018 Creators Summit in hopes that you too can feel inspired:
1. “Without risk, there’s no reward” @wny_kelly
2. “Live your life because the people that are judging you are usually doing it from the couch!” @gabunion
3. If you’re not authentic, no one is going to listen to you. People want to listen to people, not ads.” @meganbatoon
4. “We’ve gone from human-beings to human doings. We never give ourselves a break” –@mariamenounos
5. “When you start from the bottom theres no where to go but up.” @jessicaalba
7. “Quality content over quantity. Don’t just write a post to write a post. Take your time. Create special content.” – @colormecourtney
8. “You have to be consistent and work hard, but also whatever piece of content it is, I’m always thinking ‘what real value does this provide to my audience’ and if I can’t answer that question then a post wont go up that day. – @maryorton
9. “If you want something you’ve never had before, you’ll need to do something you’ve never done before.” – @tdufu
10. ““As women, we work together. Help each other and rise together, and together you are stronger. It can be competitive in the workplace, but collaboration helps you achieve your goals better.” – Annie Wang, @hercampus
Which one resonates with you right now? Share in the comment section. I’d love to hear from you and as always stay connected with me on social media @sociallysteph on Instagram & Twitter. Please share this post to sprinkle some inspiration around. Have a wonderful week!